Monday, January 14, 2008

the weekend

Well... because of the less than desirable weather this weekend, I decided not to take my day trip to Como to do some sight seeing. Instead I spent saturday doing a bunch of random/necessary things around town. I finally went and got some minutes for my telephone, I went shopping downtown and got some more professional-ish clothes to wear to work, and a few other things. I also slept in.

Sunday, was a very mormon day. I spent the entire day doing church things. I went to church, and then to a teaching appointment with the missionaries, and then back to church for a baptism, and then dinner with the members afterwards. Actually it wasn't technically dinner, after the baptism, but there was so much food, and everyone stood around talking and eating for about 2 hours, so I can't really call that refreshments...

In the middle of the day, I did take a few minutes to snap some more photos of Milan. It was a dark and rainy day... basically all we've had since I've been here.

the shopping district


cool red pavement


a church in the middle of the big industrial buildings (very typical of Milan)


the Duomo (main cathedral in the city)



Myself, on my way to church


Coke chairs


Castle Estense


in the metro


random shots out on the streets



5 comments:

Mom n Pop Wilson said...

It was good to hear from you again! Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend. I'm glad you got plenty of food on Sunday! I loved those pics, too. They bring back fond memories...
Mom

Elly said...

Beautiful!

Greg D said...

I'm jealous...that's all...

Ryan said...

I love the pics, brother! I need some italians to come and do Owen's blessing dinner, ok? I think we are having cold cuts and cheese sandwiches...lame, huh. Hopefully he'll still go to heaven. :)

Tori said...

Oops, that last comment was from me, not Ryan.