Monday, January 7, 2008

una bella domenica...

I went to the Milano 1st ward today. It took me about 1 hour to get there from my apartment (conveniently located on the opposite side of town) but it was definitely worth the travel. I hadn't told a single person in the ward that I was going to be coming to Italy... so needless to say I caught them off guard by just randomly showing up. A few people didn't really seem to remember me, but for the most part everyone was happy to see me. The ward has grown quite a bit since I served there (3 years ago), and it was great to see and hear church in Italian again.

I got several invites for lunch (exactly what I was hoping for.. hehe...) and I ended up spending the entire Sunday with the Redaeli family. They are a super high energy family that I did a lot of work with back in my missionary days. I wish I had a picture to post of our time together, but unfortunately I left my backpack and camera at church and didn't get it back until after I left their house. We ate lunch (which lasted about 1.5 hours... italians take their time when they eat) and then just sat around and talked for quite a while. They also made me take a nap on their couch, because I "looked so tired" and then they took me home. Good times.

1 comment:

Elly said...

Ha! I finally found your new blog, via Tori's site. Gee, thanks a lot for sending me the link... :P Glad to hear you made it safely and you're settling in. I'm excited to hear how it goes tomorrow!