Thursday, January 10, 2008

hard work

I know a lot of you are wondering how my presentation went. Actually I haven't done it yet. They decided to push it to next week because a few people aren't back from vacation yet. I was ready to do it yesterday, but I'm glad that I have a little more time to prepare now. I think I might add in one more project this weekend. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Other than that, all I have to say right now is that this job is hard work. I've never had a job that was so mentally taxing. We are working on a project that involves quite extensive medical research. (I can't really go into detail because of confidentiality rules) These last few days have basically just been long meetings of analysis of all the collected data. It is very interesting research, but the meetings can get kind of long. (and you know how good I am at sitting still) Its exciting though to be participating in such extensive research and analysis, especially because I believe it plays a huge role in valid product design.

I worked yesterday for 11 hours. Again I came straight home, ate dinner and went to bed. I remember when I was on my mission, I used to always be frustrated with people who used work as an excuse to not really do anything else. Now I think I have a little more empathy for those people!

Anyway, I'm having fun, feeling a little overwhelmed, but I was kind of expecting that.

2 comments:

Mom n Pop Wilson said...

Wow! What a day! It is hard to picture you sitting in meetings all day, though. You were never even able to sit long enough for dinner at home. I'm sure pacing around the table would be quite distracting to everyone else and rather unacceptable. I'm pleased with the progress you're making! Mom

Elly said...

LOL. You mean they don't let you do laps around the conference room table during meetings?