Thursday, February 14, 2008

La Mia Giornata

My Average Day.

First I wake up and make my bed (immediately)



Then I open my "tapparelli" (really good blinds) and I look out at the beautiful grey milano sky.



Then I go in the bathroom and take a shower. Our shower is probably about the size of an american pizza box.



Then I get dressed, and say goodbye to my little apartment. (Which is basically a really big hallway, a tiny kitchen, two bedrooms and a tiny bathroom.)



I walk out onto my long and straight italian street. Its kind of in a very typical residential area of milan, consisting of large tall block buildings that house hundreds of people.



And I walk about 50 steps to the west to the Panetteria (bread store) for breakfast! This is definitely where my day begins to get exciting.



My two italian bakers cook me delicious pastries and breads everyday. I usually get a cream filled brioche (i'm on vacation so I can eat these everyday...) and a big piece of focaccia. This is probably a very strange breakfast for italians... but I can't help eating it because its dirt cheap, super convenient, and delicious.



I continue walking down the street to the bus stop.



Sometimes I see Milan wildlife.



And then I get to the bus stop. I wait here for anywhere from 1 minute to 30 minutes... depending on how regular the buses are feeling like being on this particular day.



Then I get on the crowded bus and ride it for 5 stops. (some days I just walk to work)



The bus lets me off right by Via Coletta, where Continuum is located.



The Continuum Entrance



The parking lot... Continuum is at the very back, you can see it if you look for the big U with a circle around it.



What a surpise! Changduk, the other intern, (from Korea) is waiting to greet me as he drinks his morning coffee.



We walk into to Continuum



Down the hall...



And these are some of the great folks that work at Continuum.



And this is my desk. I spend most of my time here, although a lot of my day is also spent in our group project rooms in the back of the studio. I usually work from about 9:30 am until 8:00 pm.



This is my lunch, which to save money I buy from the supermarket. Its not the best italian lasagne (microwaveable in a box)... but it fills me up.



Sometimes I get lucky and get to make things in the shop. Today Changduk and I had to make some quick sketch models of a product we are working on. These are my safety glasses. Not only do they look amazing, but they protect my eyes from any harm.



This is our protective owl.



and this is me and Changduk, a few minutes before he went on a photo rampage in the studio... taking lots of pictures of everyone who was still left there working this late. I think the clicking noise that my camera makes is addicting.



This is me leaving continuum after a full day of work.



On the bus again



Past the old scary black and white building...



and the glowing red building...



And then I'm home. I usually eat pasta, write emails, and then fall asleep.

The end.

6 comments:

Tori said...

Cool! My favorite parts of your day are: the artsy picture above your bed, the bidet in your bathroom, your safety glasses, and the scary "black and white" building. And your lunch looks pretty good, too - minus that very questionable lasagna. :)

Greg D said...

Kinder buenos are so bueno.

Elly said...

LOL!

Buses feel?

Jeremy and Natalie said...

i loved this post! i liked your protective owl. :)

Mom n Pop Wilson said...

Thanks for sharing your day, and your sense of humor. I loved your post! I was especially happy to see an orange included in your lunch.:)

tuesday said...

This was great. I love detail.